Thursday, August 4, 2011

It Can Happen Anywhere!

It is no secret that I have been experiencing some serious writer’s block. I knew I was thinking about it too hard because no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t think of anything to write. I tried writing exercises, word play, you name it; I was blocked.

Fast forward to yesterday: I had just given Luca a bath and couldn’t get over how long his hair had gotten...again! It seemed that I couldn’t cut it fast enough! I laughed to myself, thinking how his hair was going to be very high maintenance (much like mine was at his age –and still is!).

I don’t know how but I then started thinking of a fictional character and here’s what I came up with:

Its picture day and (character) has a problem. Her hair is uncontrollable and refuses to be tamed. With the help of her family, they attempt to contain and fasten her hair to make her camera ready. Her hair strains and whines against the elastic bows and ties, but stays put..... Or does it?  A story for anyone who has had to deal with their own unruly ‘do and eventually give up and accept their hairy situation.

Bestseller? Maybe....maybe not!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design installed by Custom Blog Designs using stock images by 9lives and 5xinc