Monday, September 12, 2011

Can Clutter Be A Good Thing?

There's something about organizing that gets me in a great mood!

This past weekend, I spent an entire day going through closets and drawers and getting rid of anything we haven't used in a while. My husband, a notorious pack rat, loves to hang onto all things sentimental - or not. I will admit, he does have everything neatly put away, but there's just so much of it! So every time we (I) decide to do a"clean sweep" of our house, he gets anxious watching his "precious" items go. (A quick disclaimer: I would like to point out that I am NOT getting rid of anything personal or sentimental but I don't think that grade school sweats or high school homework falls under the "precious" category!)

I do admit, I am a self professed organizational geek.  I like order, I like structure and I like getting rid of excess things cluttering up my house. I am a minimalist almost to a fault - almost! So while sitting in the bottom of my spare closet, rifling through elementary school jackets (really?!?!), I thought of what it would be like to walk on the wild side and become a clutterer or worse, UNorganized. It's a far cry from the person I am, but maybe it would be good for me. Luckily, I don't actually have to do anything quite so drastic! The thought, however, did inspire a new PB story about an organized girl named Amy:

Amy loved to plan and organize. In fact, she would plan and organize everything in her "BIG BOOK OF ORGANIZATION". She would track what she needed to do that day or week or month. She would plan what she would have to wear to school, color coded of course! And she even would organize how her day would be structured, down to the hour. But when Amy's book suddenly goes missing, she must figure out how to go through her day without any order, and learns that sometimes, life is best lived without a script.

What are your thoughts?

PS. I want to emphasize that this story was LOOSELY based on me and is very exaggerated.... Lol!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design installed by Custom Blog Designs using stock images by 9lives and 5xinc